Southeast Austin, Austin Guia de Viagem
Southeast Austin Resumo
- Convenient drive to Downtown(I-35 runs straight into the heart of the city)
- Quieter and less rushed than other urban areas
- Several city parks sprinkled throughout the neighborhoods
- Family-friendly attractions within a short drive, such as malls and movie theaters
- Not walking distance to bustling Downtown Austin
- Large homeless population
- Not as pedestrian-friendly or packed with restaurants as Downtown
- Lacking the attractions and activities of Downtown
What It's Like
Southeast Austin isn't exactly a hub of activity. This mixed business and residential sector is five miles south of Downtown Austin, so a rental car is a must for visitors staying in this area. Several family-oriented attractions are in the vicinity, including shopping malls and movie theaters, but expect to head Downtown for bars, restaurants, and tourist sites.
Where to Stay
If you're planning on making trips Downtown, try to stay as close as you can to I-35 (just remember to get a room that's facing opposite the Interstate!). This highway runs straight into Downtown, and provides easy access to all of Austin's main attractions.